After two incredibly self-indulgent solo episodes, I finally have a guest.
It’s none other than Conor Houston, a man who has gone from being a complete stranger to a best friend over the past three years or so.
Last Saturday, we set up microphones in my loft and we chatted for almost two hours. “We can edit it down,” I thought, but then when I listened back I realised it was all pretty good. So I’ve chopped it into 5 pieces, and that’s the next 5 episodes of the podcast.
Highlights from this episode:
- How to pronounce Conor’s name
- Mrs Poo
- Conor’s only memory of his History GCSE is watching Simon Pegg in “Run Fatboy Run”
- Conor was put into bottom set GCSE Maths in attempt by the teachers to help the other kids catch up – without his knowledge
- Oliver leaves for a few minutes to go to the toilet
- Oliver asks Conor: “Who are you jealous of?”
- Oliver asks Conor: “What’s your favourite thing about me?”
PS: It took a while, but the podcast is now available on a lot more platforms – here is a complete list of links: