Heeding Seth Godin’s advice, I write a blog post every day, for two reasons. One selfish, one selfless.
One, because I have ADHD – my mind is under constant attack from seemingly random and disconnected thoughts and ideas. But the daily practise of trying to connect and give expression to these thoughts and ideas helps me think better.
Two, because some of the ideas I come up with might genuinely be of use to someone. If I lose nothing by sharing my ideas for free, but you maybe gain something, then we’ve both won.
- The “Ham and Worming Tablet” School of Marketing
- Everyone is trying their best.
- Err on the side of action.
- Concentrate your forces
- Forge the path only you could forge
- What is school for?
- What are they going to mock us mercilessly for in 2100?
- What will I be glad that I did?
- The rain doesn’t care how loud you shout for it to stop.
- Let’s stop pretending racism is anything more than insecurity
- Add resistance, not just difficulty
- Work deeply, or not at all
- Make it easier for yourself
- Living problem to problem
- Make it personal
- Zig when they expect you to zag
- Stop wasting time
- Your past = your future
- The difference between writing and typing
- Keith James, Leonard Cohen, and taking your time
- Fill your present moment with meaning
- Do the right thing, especially when it feels impossible.
- Personal freedom
- New single: Unclean Seventeen